outsiders comparison

The Outsiders truly is a great book. I can relate to all of the characters in a way, but I mostly relate to Cherry. If anyone in my class is reading this, then you may remember during our fishbowl discussion that I said that I think Cherry feels like she has a certain role to play, even though that isn't who she is at all. Sometimes I feel the same way. I have to be the perfect daughter, get perfect grades, I want people to like me. Sometimes I do stuff that I really don't want to do in order to make other people happy. This is something that i'm really trying to work on. I know that I don't have to act or look a certain way to impress someone, but I feel like every teenager feels that way sometimes. Maybe it's just part of growing up. In The Outsiders, Cherry comes from a rich family, she is a social. The stereotype for a social is that they all act like they're above everyone else, they look down on others, and that they really don't want to be associated with people who aren't rich like them, Cherry does not fit that stereotype. She talks to the greasers like normal people, which of course they are. She doesn't care if they aren't rich, she likes them because they have good personalities. That is the real Cherry. She isn't bratty, and I don't think she really wants to be with a guy like bob. I mean, why would she? They aren't the same, she's a lot better than him. I really like Cherry's character, I can definitely relate to her.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

movie review

Childhood Memory

Quotes