movie review

The movie I'm going to be reviewing is Wonder. I read this book in 5th grade and I loved it. I think I read it in 1 or 2 days. When I found out that Wonder was going to be turned into a movie I was super excited because I really wanted to see what it would be like as a movie. Would the movie live up to the book's standards? I had to wait and see.

We saw the Wonder movie as a school field trip. This was probably one of my favorite field trips because it was an amazing movie! Most people say that movies that were originally books are never as good as the book, but this movie had me just as excited and hooked on the story as the book did. The movie was exactly how I pictured it would be when I read the book for the first time. All of the actors did an outstanding job portraying their characters and whoever casted all of the actors made excellent choices. I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Auggie Pullman (Jacob Tremblay was incredible and he was only 10 years old when the movie was filmed!) Even though the Wonder story is about an 11 year old boy, I believe that anyone of any age could enjoy this movie. It sends a big message that is important for everyone to hear.

I'm not the only one who thinks this highly of Wonder, it gets awesome reviews. Glenn Kenny from New York Times said, "Wonder is that rare thing, a family picture that moves and amuses while never overtly pandering." If someone from the New York Times likes it, then it must be pretty great.

Wonder is touching, heart warming, inspiring, and one of a kind. It might make you laugh, or it might make you cry. You should see the movie and see how it makes you feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Memory

Quotes