graduation speech

Good evening, families, teachers, and fellow graduates. Today marks a very important day in our lives, a day that ends one chapter but starts the beginning of  a new and exciting one.

On my first day at Golf Middle School, I never thought I would be able to adjust to the huge and scary school that Golf seemed to be. But thanks to the help of my teachers and peers, the transition into middle school didn't take that long to get used to. Soon enough I could navigate Golf in my sleep. One of the things that makes Golf different is that we have 5th graders at our school. You aren't treated like a little kid, but you also aren't loaded with a ton of responsibilities. This made 5th grade a very fun and easy transition into middle school. I wish we could still only have spelling, geo, and fluency for homework every week, but I guess that's not possible in 8th grade.

Thinking back to my years at Golf, I wish that I took more time to enjoy the little things like Mrs. Conejo cheerfully yelling "buenos dias" at the start of every class or getting to high five Mr. Atwood every day before gym. During my last month at Golf, I started realizing how lucky we all were to go to a school like this. Many people would love to go to a school where you can walk through the hallways and recognize every face you see and name most of the faces too. Even if you only went to Golf for a week, you would still be able to understand how everyone at Golf cares for each other. Since Golf is a very small school, i've created very strong bonds that I will cherish for the rest of my life. If I was ever sad, my classmates would instantly cheer me up with their goofiness. My class was like one big, dysfunctional family.  The memories and experiences we share as a class have made us who we are today.

In 20 years we may be sitting at the dinner table with our future families and one of our kids may ask "what was middle school like?" Then all of the memories will start coming back to us. If I get asked that question my response will be "Truly unforgettable". Over the past 4 years at Golf we have all grown up mentally and physically. We are the future lawyers, doctors, and politicians of society and I believe that all of us have the capability to accomplish all of our dreams. I am confident that Golf has prepared us with a wonderful foundation that will make high school another smooth transition. Class of 2018, it's been amazing. Thank you for everything.                                                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

movie review

Childhood Memory

Quotes